Gainesville VA, September 19, 2016 – PARS, the leader in fleet vehicle transport and logistics, has added a mobile app for its drivers giving PARS customers access to real-time order information and detailed vehicle condition reports through the PARS customer portal.
According to Erik Rasmussen, PARS Director of Strategic Operations, today’s fleet managers face much shorter decision time frames and more complicated moves involving large numbers of vehicles, coordination between multiple fleet service providers; varied vehicle services, and numerous logistical concerns.
“Our mobile app will not only provide important order details and tools optimizing PARS driver efficiency and accuracy,” notes Rasmussen, “but it provides customers with the most accurate and timely information about their orders and vehicle condition, allowing better decision making and optimized fleet management.”
Key mobile app customer benefits include:
• Real-time updates to orders available through the PARS customer portal regarding pickup and delivery
• Detailed electronic condition reports – emailed to the pickup and delivery party and available on the PARS customer portal – providing photos, documenting damages, confirming glovebox contents, ensuring accessory operations, and capturing pickup and delivery signatures
• Confirmation of services completion
The new mobile app, optimized for both iOS and Android smartphones, keeps our drivers in constant contact with our field offices.
The new PARS mobile app also provides a number of operational enhancements, including:
• Visibility into available orders to logistically optimize vehicle movement and avoid “deadhead” miles
• Assigned order details and management, including phone calls to pick up and delivery, services execution, and condition reporting
• Completion of pickup and delivery condition reports, including standard photos, damage photos, and customer sign off
• Access to PARS partnerships and discount codes for hotels and transportation
• Accident reporting including critical information and photos
“This new mobile app represents a key part of our continued technology leadership strategy,” adds Rasmussen. “It is the latest example of integrating our industry-leading order management system built upon Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Technology has been and remains a key differentiator for PARS, ensuring that we continue to make our fleet customers’ jobs easier in a very demanding industry.”